Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Tell us a little bit about yourself – Where you are from? Are you a full-time financial consultant? etc.

Rob Harrington
    Participant

My name is Rob Harrington, I live in the shadow of majestic Mt. Rainier in the town of Orting, WA (15 miles east of Tacoma). I am a personal financial consultant on the side. For my full-time job, I am a business analyst for a local public transit agency. I have always had an interest in personal finance and am looking forward to interacting with the members of this group.

Robin A
    Participant

Hello to all!
    I’m Robin Althoff and I currently reside in Culpeper, Virginia. Culpeper is about 45 minutes north of Charlottesville, VA and about an hour west of Washington, DC.

I am currently building my dream business as a financial coach for young adults and entrepreneurs. After five successful years of teaching economics & personal finance in the public high school setting, I have taken a year off from teaching to pursue this dream to impact more lives and help those who failed to receive the proper education when they were in school.

I look forward to engaging in great conversations and getting to know my fellow peers here in this program! Thank you for creating this forum for us!

Claudia Martins
    Participant

Hi guys!
    My name is Claudia. I’m the event’s coordinator here at the NFEC and excited to be taking this coaching program. About twenty years ago I quit my job as an attorney and decided to start a new life in the US. Years later I became a life coach and transitioned to the financial business.
    I look forward to meeting everybody and graduating the course with you.

John F. Renner
    Participant

Hello Everyone. I am an attorney in New Jersey expanding into the coaching and financial planning fields. Our program looks extremely helpful in developing the skills to help others obtain financial independence and freedom. Empowering our clients to take the helm of their own lives is a great skill we offer.
    I am interested in study groups and/or partner to discuss the case studies and business development.
    Looking forward to meeting.

Vernon Richard
    Participant

Good day Everyone,

Currently, I am a Retirement Educator for Wells Fargo and I live in Charlotte, NC. I travel all over the USA conducting financial wellness workshops and seminars. Last year, I conducted 196 financial wellness/retirement workshops and over 100 one on one coaching sessions. I have been in the financial field for over 15 years and I love what I do. Mostly, I enjoy helping individuals by guiding and educating folks reach their financial goals.

This course has exceed my expectation and I looking forward to learning more and connect with my peers.

Thanks

Vernon A. Richard II

Jerry Brandt
    Participant

Hi all!

I’m Jerry. My wife and I live on a hobby farm in Grant MN, which is just outside St Paul. I have worked as an application developer in the financial industry for the past 30+ years and I am taking this course to start my second act as I semi-retire from technology. I wanted to do something to help folks become better at making financial decisions.

I look forward to connecting with all of you and learning about being a successful financial coach.

Tambreshia Richardson
    Participant

Hello, I’m Tambreshia Richardson. I live in Dallas, TX. I am currently a Manager Financial Analyst for an aerospace company. I have a financial background in corporate as well as I spend a few years teaching 6th grade math. I mentor youth and help prepare them financially for college. I also have my own credit restoration/tax preparation company in which I am looking to move away from being hands on with that to position myself as the financial coach.

Tia Johnson
    Participant

That is impressive. I would love to connect to learn more about your experience.

Belinda Poree
    Participant

Hi. My name is Belinda Poree. I live in Harlem in New York City. One of the most expensive cities in the world. A studio apartment in a low-income neighborhood can run you about $1.5-$2k a month here. So many people here are living paycheck to paycheck and I was one of them. I don’t have a financial background. All that I learned about finances was through trial and error and self-teaching. After paying off massive credit card debt in 2 years, a co-worker asked me to teach her how to do what I’ve been doing. I know what works for me but I don’t want to give people false information. I am taking this course because I want to be able to efficiently and effectively help others who are going through what I went through. I want to learn how to help people who are stuck and don’t have the financial education to free themselves.

Devin Stubblefield
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

My name is Devin Stubblefield, and I am a full-time Financial Coach/Trainer. I completed the CFEI earlier this year and I have been a financial coach for the last 10 years. I really love the evolution of financial education and can say that considering the Stages of Change in participants can go a long way in really connecting with them. I am happy to be in this community and willing to share my experience as I train for several organizations around the country. Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Herb minnichhofer
    Participant

Greetings to all!

Have just signed up for this course and looking forward to learn this turn key system so that I can spread the good words of being able to achieve financial peace of mind via education and motivation!

Looking forward to exchange ideas with the group!

Thank you

herb minnichhofer
    Located in the San Francisco bay area.

Guy P
    Participant

Aloha Everyone,

My name is Guy Purdy and I’m from Maui, HI. Recently got my life insurance license and was preparing to get my securities license but came across this training program to become a CPFC. I decided it was in my best interest to take this course as it is more aligned to my plans on becoming a Financial Coach. I feel there’s a strong demand for this type of business and it would be very rewarding to help educate people on becoming financially sound.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Guy P.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Guy P.
    Patrick Schmitt
    Participant

Greetings all!

My name is Patrick Schmitt, from Chesapeake, Virginia. I’ve been involved in training for the military as an active duty service member and in my subsequent federal position. Most of this training was at the tactical or command level, but I know from experience that if the personal side of things is not squared away, the service members will not be able to execute the mission effectively. Success of our service men and women in their personal lives directly equates to success downrange.

My goal is to provide coaching and education resources to junior military personnel, setting them up for career and personal achievements. I am excited to start a business providing this much needed information, and look forward to working with you all to support this effort.

Respectfully,
    Patrick

Eric Colby
    Participant

Hello everyone!
    My name is Eric Colby from Portland, Maine. During 2020 I completed the NFEC Financial Education Certification during COVID. I have since decided to become a financial coach for a few reasons. Fist to learn how to better help my family and not make the mistakes I had made in the past. I am the poster child of what not to do with your finances while growing up. I learned the worst habits from my parents, but on the flip side people always wondered how we always did ok in life. I learned a hard lesson when I decided to serve my country and the pay was much less than my lifestyle. Then life threw a nasty curveball and I was injured and was separated from the service. Separated with a lot of debt, injured and I was homeless with my wife and kids.
    I ended up at the public library reading books on personal finance and business. Long story short after several years, I decided it was time to become certified which led me here to NFEC so I can help more people so they never have to go through what I went through in life, and it was a result of my upbringing and lack of financial education. Now with the knowledge I gained from life experiences, reading, the NFEC course and putting my family on a path to debt freedom I am so passionate about helping others do the same so they don’t have to live pay check to paycheck. I look forward to connecting with and working with you all.
    Wishing you all the best,
    Eric Colby

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.